This month’s sample is an attempt to voxel rendering on Zune.
Unfortunately, the results are not as good as I would have hoped, both from a quality and performance point of view. I tried optimizing the code by using some fixed point number computations, but there was no gain in performance (strangely), so I switched back to floating point.
Feel free to use the code in whatever way you wish.
The controls are:
- Left Analog GamePad Stick to turn and move forward / backward
- A GamePad Button to move upwards on the Y axis
- B GamePad Button to move downwards on the Y Axis
- Touch pad to turn and move forward / backward
- Click touchpad to move upwards
- Click Play/Pause to move downwards
You can grab the source code here: voxeltest.zip.